Has anyone heard of the strangulaton game? adult content

I heard of this game after a boy died in our state. it is very scary.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5706a1.htm

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yes I've heard of it and a boy in a nearby town, died from it as well....although masturbation was tied into it as well. Its pretty sad that teenagers these days are so focused on getting high or feeling "messed up" that they are turning to drugs, alcohol, and apparently STRANGELING themselves to feel it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, I have heard of it, pretty scary. When it comes to things like this, it makes me doubt my parenting skills. I hope I am doing everything to the best that I possibly can. And I would hope to recognize any signs....good luck to us all.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• They had a few kids when I was in school that thought that was "Cool" but luckly they didn't get harmed, just passed out for a little while.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, I have heard of this...So very sad............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• very dangerous game!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We did something similar to that when I was a teen 17 years ago. We had no idea how dangerous it was until I passed out and hit my head on the way down and had a seizure. Luckily I was alright. We stopped playing after that. But I shudder to think how lucky I was to not have had something much worse happen to me or one of my friends.

We all need to warn our kids about he dangers of this. We need to tell our friends and forward this info on to them and make people aware of the dangers of this.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I've heard of this as well. For some reason, it's gaining in popularity. I really think guidance counselors in schools should tackle this topic. Sometimes kids will listen to someone other than parents giving this kind of info. Believe me, I know. I have worked as a counselor in schools and some of my kids (unfortunately) thought I knew more than their parents.
    ronniebee

Answer by ronniebee at 3:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yes, very sad!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have heard of this. The kids were doing it at my son's school and I when I discussed it with him, I found out that he had been doing it too. He said only a couple times but I sat and explained to him what could happen and made him read the articles about the kids that died from it and what their families went through. It is so sad and my heart goes out to the people that have suffered from this. Kids don't think about what can happen to them.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yeah I read about it somewhere. But what is WRONG with people!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2010