What difference did this really make?

Craigslist went ahead and removed the obvious sex ads section from their sites, but the singles ads and other more cryptic ones remain. Nevermind there are still dozens of sites out there that mimic CL or exist in different formats where the exact same "services" are still available. Did spending all that time and money to convince them to shut down those ads really change anything?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/05/craigslist-sex-ads-anti-prostitution

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The "casual encounters" section is still open for business. It'll just move there.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I never understood what everyone was up in arms about there... I mean really, is your life that boring that you have to get pissy because someone else is answering ads for sex online? Really? Who cares? If they aren't kids or animals, I see no point in even caring!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Nope. In my opinion it makes no difference.

I'm with SabrinaMBowen on this one.. Why anyone cares about others trolling on line for sex is beyond me. People choose to sign in and do that. No one forces them. No one forces anyone to take someone up on their offers..ect.. People make the choice to do it. Is it always a wise choice. Nope, for me it wouldn't be. But for others, who am I to say whether it was a wise choice or not. They had/have their reasons for doing so. Whatever happens is not the listings fault or Craig's list fault. The fault lies in those participating and the choices they make. Holding (or trying to hold ) Craig's list accountable for some people's actions is pointless, a waste of time, and a waste of money. Hold individual's responsible for their own actions, quit giving them an "out" and allowing them to blame others and other entities for their choices.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Honestly, as long as children aren't being exploited, I really don't care what consenting adults do... Its none of my business who does what with whom or why. As long as its not my husband on there, lol, I really don't care. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• you know pimps are just scrambling right now~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm with SabrinaMBowen and pixie.........if of legal age, I don't care what they are doing with who, as long as it isn't a child or hurting animals..........

zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• not much...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well, that is a start . I avoid Craig's List anyway but the idea of "soliciting" and "Hooking up" online is disgusting and immoral,IMO.And it could be dangerous and deadly....you never know what kind of nuts will advertise there. What is happening to people?Gross.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think its a great start. It is time those things be taken down. Pornography and adult theme ads should not be visable period. I dont care if people think its great. They couldnt be more wrong. It affects ALOT more than people realise!
    Im glad the power of prayer for freedom is affecting sites like this.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Pornography and adult theme ads should not be visable period

So pornography should be illegal but clergy should be allowed to say anything they want, regardless of the consequences. Don't you find that just a little hypocritical?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2010