My baby dad wants me back we have been spilt since 2008...Do men grow up?

I have had him on child support since 2007 and havent seen a penny but while we were together he did help with keeping a roof over our heads and things we needed. When i deciced to leave he didnt give us a dime me and his two girls.

izajasmad

Asked by izajasmad at 3:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• tell him to start acting right. if he wants you back then he will do everything in his power to make you and the kids happy. dont take him back if he hasnt shown you that hes grown up.
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 3:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well, my first thought is he hasn't grown up if you haven't seen a penny of child support.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• That was my first though too....If he can't pay child support and help raise his two daughters, then he hasn't grown up
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No some men never grow up, they are just about themselves. If you were able to be without him for so long and able to manage on your own, why take him back? Other than if you love a man you doesn't give a shit about his own children. I'd let him stay where he is and find a man who will be good to you and your kids, they are out there. You've got a good head start, now head for the finish line, he's still way back at the starting point it seems going no where.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• He needs to actually prove to you that he has changed. Yes some men can change, then some can say they have and will show it for a month. Then the real side of him comes back. becareful.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 3:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No,doesn't sound like yours did or will. Luckily not all men r like that.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• wow thanks for such a quick response im still in love with him and want that perfect family picture but what gets me is he reached his goal and oppened a repo company and seems to be doing very well ! one of our problems was my family and i didnt put him first so i guess i blame myself its so hard to admit! I was wondering if he wanted me back not to pay childs support??
    izajasmad

Comment by izajasmad (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Actually, yes, a man can grow up, but it takes years for him to do so. Two years is not going to make a whole heck of a lot of difference.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Only you will be able to decide if you want him back and if he has grown up and things have changed. Don't rush into anything, take your time, make sure you eyes are wide open. GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• some men do grow up and some men dont ..it really depends on the guy and what his lack of maturity was..so bacially what your trying to say is when yall together he takes care of his family and when yall not he seems to act immature and not take care of his responsibilities.honestly i dont know him personally but just the way he is and theres a big possibility he wont change
    amiyamom08

Answer by amiyamom08 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010