Anybody else have this rule?

If I'm doing your laundry...any cash or change i find is mine?

lol, I put the change in a jar, and when the jar gets full I take it to the bank and put it in our son's college fund.

BradensMom1026

Asked by BradensMom1026 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Love that rule - we don't use much cash so I rarely find money, but we do have a change jar. We just opened our son's savings account so I think I will ask DH what he thinks about putting the change jar in the college fund. Good idea! We always had it but never had a plan for how to spend it.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I love this rule.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 3:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• that is a rule I can live by..wait, it was my money to start with...it goes to the pizza fund~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No.. Because I don't do laundry.. lol

If I did.. I would have that rule myself.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yep...my mom had this rule when we were growin up and i think its very fair
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• great rule and very fair!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yes I do have that rule! I also have a potty mouth rule and you have to pay 50 cents if you say a bad word.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 3:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have the same rule, but the money never adds up to anything much here. I try to teach them to empty their pockets before putting their clothes in the hamper.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We must have an un-agreed upon rule in my home because I am always leaving money in my pockets....always..I never carry a purse, nursing student, and it's not a wonder the kids...adult kids and mom....huh...always want to wash my clothes and run when the dryer stops...I always hear something like " found a $5.00 the other day do you want me to get you a drink from Sonic?" Considering I'm the only one with cash in the house......give me my money when you find it!!!!!!!!
    lovebug434

Answer by lovebug434 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, but only with change. If there is paper money I generally know who's it is and will return it to them when they ask if I know where it is. I'm finding less and less, so they're figuring it out. I will add though that we have $1 and $2 coins rather than paper so the change alone can add up.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010