When should i start with a schedule for my baby??

i had her on the 24th sept and she is all over the place and i think it would be good for her to get into a routine!! any ideas on that?

srolda617

Asked by srolda617 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let your baby determine the structure of schedule, such as how often she is hungry, tired, etc. and you stick to it. All of my babies were hungry on a three hour rotation, so we had feedings at 3, 6, 9 & 12. Once you have a schedule in place, stick to it the best you can. Babies love routine and you can anticipate what is needed so much easier when things are done at the same time each day. Of course, this is real life and things happen, but you just jump right back in when you can.
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 12:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I never set a schedule for my DD she just kind of made her own. LOL She would eat at the same time every day. We also had 9:00 bottle, bath, book and bed. So she is in the routine of eating, bath, book, and bed still at 11 months. We just moved bedtime to earlier b/c she is eating dinner with us. We are going thru a hard bedtime right now though. She cries until midnight! I hope it is just a phase!
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 12:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I always feed my baby on demand, so feeding isn't something we schedule. BUt as soon as I was giving her a bath(when her cord fell off) we started a very loose bedtime routine. My older DS takes a bath at 9pm, so that's when she gets a bath, then we play quietly until she wants to eat and then she goes down for the night. It USUALLY ends up being that she sleeps from about 11/12 to 7-8am(she's 11 weeks old now)
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Routine, not schedule. Do the same things at around the same time of day but don't be ruled by the clock. Her behavior is normal and actually, YOU need to adjust to HER more than vice versa.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008