Pole dancing while pregnant?

So one of my best friends is getting married in December and everyone is trying to include me in the bridal party activities as much as possible since I had to pull myself out of the wedding since my due date is so close to the wedding date. Well for the bachelorette party the girls are planning on doing a pole dancing class at the beginning of October. I will be almost 32 weeks at the time and I was just wondering if it is safe to go? I obviously don't plan on doing a whole lot, if anything at all really but I would like to be there to celebrate with my friend. Any thoughts? I see my doctor on Wednesday so I am going to see what she says and if it is absolutely not a good idea all around I won't do it because the safety of my child is more important than anything else. I just wanted to get some opinions. Thanks!

pinkie8986

Asked by pinkie8986 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ha ha! I think you will be fine. Don't do anything that hurt or makes you feel uncomfortable. But there is nothing saying you can't go and have fun, even if that means sitting in a chair and laughing your ass off at the bride's mother and granny trying to pole dance...lmao!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If you don't plan on doing anything, I don't see why you don't go. You're right, celebrate your friend's time of happiness. Her life is changing as much as your is. Be there for her, if nothing else. Good luck, and take pictures.  This will be a time that you will want to remember.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Dont swing to fast or hang upside down by one foot hahaha. Have fun with it.... Feel sexy!!
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 5:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You probably won't be able to do much at 32 weeks, but if you can more power to you!! It sounds like a lot of fun though.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• right now i am in my 7th almost 8th month along in my pregnancy and i have been taking a stripper pole workout class since i was 3 months pregnant. it helps a lot for me, and i love it! i think that also it helps get the baby out earlier my doctor said :) hope that helped
    kate78966

Answer by kate78966 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i say go for it just dont turn upside down n slide lol have fun
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 2:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2010