This question is for anyone who has had an abortion, and if you dont have anything to say pertaining to the question please dont even bother reading.

My question is after the abortion how did you feel and how long did it take for you to feel better emotionally.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My BF had one about 8 years ago. Her boyfriend at the time was emotionally and physically abusive and she wanted to get permanently away from him. After she felt relieved, she never went through the guilt that a lot of other women have. Honestly I think the best thing you could do is to talk to someone that will understand and can help you through this. If you went to Planned Parenthood they should be able to recommend someone for you to talk to. I have heard from some women that the guilt never went away but they've learned ways to live with it and to deal with it on a daily basis.

~~Good luck~~
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 3:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i haven't had an abortion but i think everyone is affected differently. i will bump this.
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 3:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Mine was years ago when I was still in school. Didn't have trouble then.

When I had my first child it hit me full force and I went to counseling for the guilt. It took about 18 months for me to be "OK with it", but I still regret it to this day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtLLs_GpMo&feature=player_embedded
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 3:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• That video is how i feel about it. I had one 20 years ago and i am still not "over it". I killed my baby, the guilt and sorrow are horrible. I had nightmares about it for years.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 3:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I had it over 12 years ago, it's not the thing that I would ever want to do it again, but at that time it's the best option for me. I was very emotional for a long time. I feel guilt, but I don't regret. I still think about it till today and wondering what will happen if I didn't do it and also what will my life be if I do have it. I think it will stay with you forever and you have to live with it. It's really up to you, b/c you have to live with it and do what's the best for you.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• hopefully you would feel terrible, and have alot of pain! That is morbid, and selfish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I know someone who did. She even got a bad infection after. Check out youtube videos on abortion. Hopefully seeing those babies ripped apart limb from limb will change your mind. She wished she would of listened to me before she did it because she also is suffering from bad depression too.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• mine was medically necessary because if I would have continued with the pregnancy I could have died. That was years ago & I felt awful. I have been able to move on, but occasionally I still think about it & it is a bit hard. I look around at all these women who can't have kids & feel pangs of guilt. But I feel in my heart that I made the right decision.

And for anyone who says it is selfish, you are rude & mean. You do not know what the other person has been through so who the hell are you to judge?! Get the hell up off your high horse. I hope you are never faced with the challenge.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• never had one but ive had friends that have most go to counsling now 2 have tryed sucide..adoption is a better choice theres a place called birthright that can talk to you about it ..look them up
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 2:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2010