how do you get stuff done??

my baby is 7 weeks old...im a single Mom so its just me and her in the house...how do i get stuff done? housework and all that? plus resting since im up a couple times a night with her? how do i get motivated? do you just sit your baby in her swing/bouncer? do you wear her/him? do you have a routine or schedule for all of it?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Housework can wait. Get done what you can, let the rest go, enjoy your baby!
    Congrats!
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• When my first was that little I would use his nap times to get things done. And save one nap time for me to nap too. He also was very happy in his bouncer chair for a long time, so he would go from room to room with me. I was really motivated then to keep things neat, laundry done, etc. We didn't have a computer then so I wasn't distracted by that!! It would be tough today to keep motivated! GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• my 1st dd is 1 yr im married but dh goes to school and work so it was me all day.
    and to tell the truth, the first 12wks i didnt do much. whatever i could while she would sleep and we ate out alot b/c i didnt have time to cook. its hard with your first. but after a while it will get easier
    congrats
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well, I don't use my dd naps time since I would be sleeping along with her too. But I put her in the swing/bouncer. It works for me to be able to clean everything around the house. She'll asleep again throughout my housework. I put music on low so she'll have something listen to. But it's tough at first. It'll get easier once you're use to it. Congrats Momma!!
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 4:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Do only the essentials for the first 2-3 months. Rest when you can. Invest in a slind or wrap and wear your baby, this will allow you to be mobile and hands free to go about your daily business. My baby often (and still does) fall asleep even when I vacuum.

We also cosleep with a side carred crib so we have gotten lots of sleep even during night nursing and growth spurts.

I did have a 3 in 1 infant to toddler rocker that we used for naps during the day or for short downtime. but a baby shouldn't spend more than an hour or two in them a day. container syndrome has become a problem in recent years. A floor mat is better--it doesn't restrict movement.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• baby won't be anywhere near getting on a schedule of sleeping longer than 2-3 hours at a time until about 12-16 weeks. don't worry too much about housework. you can try to put baby into a vibrating bouncy seat or a swing- some babies will relax in them, others will not.
    also, you could try a carrier.
    things will start to get easier in another month or two. congratulations on the new addition!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My youngest is 7 weeks. When he falls asleep I do chores around the house (only what I feel like doing). He sleeps on the floor or in his stroller most of the time (it's all he has besides a bassinet in our room). He's usually sleeping on the floor and then I'm cleaning the kitchen. If I can't get him to sleep then I just sit in the chair with him and play games on the computer.
    He sleeps pretty good at night now so I'm not too tired usually. He is now eating "dinner" around 8 or 9pm and then sleeps until around 2-3am and then gets up for the morning at around 7am. My 7yo daughter was sleeping through the night at this age (11pm to 8am) and he's getting close to doing that (YAY!).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010