Has anyone ever known someone that drank while they were pregnant and if so how did their babies turn out?

By the way its not me I know someone who is pregnant and is still drinking not on a daily basis but still.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on how much. Fetal alcohol syndrome is VERY real and I have seen the results in adults who have learning disabolities and other problems because of what their mothers did while pregnant. But I also think that a VERY OCCASIONAL drink is ok. I was 30 weeks at Thanksgiving and wanted to have a little wine with my family, and I tried to but it tasted horrible to me so I didn't, lol. The hormones changed my taste for it, I guess.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yes I did. she smoked over 1 pack of ciggerates a day ...and needless to say she felt she wasn't ready to quit smoking and drinking so she had an abortion.
    we don't talk anymore shes very self centered
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• well its a proven fact that drinking while pregnant causes birth defects, she must be a great mom! Geez! It happens all the time and just because they are physically ok dosent mean their little brains are developed they way they would have if they had not been exposed to alcohol.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 3:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I don't know anyone who drank during their pregnancies, but I know several people whose mothers I suspect of drinking while they were pregnant! (It's mean I know, but I couldn't resist!)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• on a daily basis is a lot of alcohol. i had a few sips of wine during the course of my pregnancy but i felt guilty afterwards so i stopped. i dont think drinking liquor or beer is at all healthy. the only reason why the occasional glass of wine might not be a big deal is because its healthy.
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 3:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• On daily basis is just very wrong. I know some of my friends use Red wine to relax or to see if their contraction is real; their doctors offered. But beside that, drinking isn't something pregnancy should consume.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 3:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• my sister went to an outdoor music festival for 6 days, was pretty much drunk 24/7 the whoooooooole time..i should add she did NOT know she was pregnant at the time..so she was worried her whole pregnancy, luckily nothing happened, and my niece is now 9yrs old and she literally is the smartest kid i have ever met!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I know 2 women who drank alot when pregnant. Thier whole pregnancy. Both of thier kids have FAS.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You know, recommendations that women not drink during pregnancy are relatively new. Those of us who are older than 35 probably had moms who drank when we were in utero.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I actually know a few women who drank while they were pregnant and none of them have had any health issues with their babies... My SIL not only drank but used drugs as well (yeah, she's a wonderful specimen of humanity) and as of yet there has been no sign of issues with her daughter (now 3).

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010