How can I get my cat to stop throwing up grass in my house?

I mean really, it's gross but I don't want to force her to stay inside...

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 3:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pets

• Cats and dogs use grass typically as an emetic, cats are true carnivores and do not need grass or veggies to the popular belief so you cat is eating the grass bc his belly is upset it could be anxiety but you would probably notice that try switching his food to a sensitive formula and if this doesn't work take him to the vet, I am a certified vet asst. And gng bck for tech I don't want you to think I'm just making this up as I go lol
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Cat's eat grass because it helps with their digestion....my long hair cat does it to help with the fur balls! I grow cat nip for him because it will help with the hairballs and normally doesn't make him yak!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Don't let her outside!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• they eat the grass because they have a upset tummy and need to throw it up, maybe a hair ball, i gusse just watch your cat and when it gets sick put him or her out side
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• option A: stop her before she eats the grass (grass is acidic and causes them to throw up)
    option B: let her yuck it out on the patio before coming in and then use the hose to spray it down.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 3:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• This is 100% normal cat behavior. You have to keep her away from teh grass if you don't want grass puke in your house. I don't let my cats outside because they eat all sorts of gross things and then either bring them inside or throw them up inside. It's just not worth the hassle and danger of letting them out. Once you have a cat eaten by a coyote or hit by a car, you start to rethink the whole outdoor cat idea.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 4:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Your* sorry for typos typing on my phone
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• get cat grass .. not all grass is safe for felines to eat thats prob why its throwing up poor kitty :)
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 9:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i agree with the other mommies
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Cats eat grass to help with upset stomachs. So, try switching to a better food and see if that helps. :)
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 11:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010