Can you get a piercing while pregnant?

I mean something besides your ears or belly button?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I won't with the risk of an infection.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well yes, you CAN, but should you? Probably not. I've got my share of piercings but I wouldn't add any more if I was pregnant. (Completely different story: my mother told me when I was pregnant that I shouldn't wear earrings or my other piercings because "the metal was harming the baby." ....Yeah....insane mother, party of one!)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Sure you can, but I wouldn't advise it, not worth risking any chance of infection.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• they say u shouldnt because it takes a lot longer for it to heal and the whole infection thing
    D3283003

Answer by D3283003 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't. You are only pregnant for 10 months...you have the whole rest of your life to get piercings. If you get an infection it will be that much harder to treat it if you are pregnant.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 4:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You can. And with most cases there isn't any big risk. However, SHOULD it get infected that can harm the baby, as can any meds you may need to take... IF you want to get some more "private" areas done you could be in for a world of hurt because your nerve endings are on "high alert" while you're pregnant...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Can you, yes. Should you with the risk of infections and diseases, probubly not. I wouldnt do it knowing if i caught something from it i would share the ick with my baby.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think you can, I wouldn't see why not.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• no piercing place is allowed to pierce or tattoo a pregnant woman, due to liablility reasons for infection, and for the fact that when you are prego your blood is thinned out! If you have a place willing to do it, then they are shady!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Most places wont if you are and it really is not worth the chance is it.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010