Don't you this is a little odd...?

First I want to say I know it is not my tattoo, or my life or whatever.... and no matter how I feel it doesnt change it.... and also that i would not say anything about it to her.... but I just think it is so odd, and I was wondering if anyone else thought it was too, or if it is just me....

A friend got a tattoo of a butterfly with her sons name on it - his first and LAST name ( she is engaged to the dad) .... I just think it is weird that she put his last name on there... I dont know I have seen and heard of people putting first and middle but never last.... lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• If that is what she wants to do. I would not.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well......her son's last name shouldn't change, so I really don't see anything wrong with it although I wouldn't ever do it. I don't think I would even put my kids middle names on.......just their first names.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't put last or middle names on a tattoo. I've got my daughter's footprints on my back and just her first name underneath, that's good enough :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I've never seen any names with the last name.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I've never seen any with last names but I think it's a son and it maybe shouldn't matter it it was a girl then yes really stupid
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Her tattoo, her choice...I have seen much more disturbing tattoos than that.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 4:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It is a bit odd, I think. I would never get the last name especially where strangers could see it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Who cares...that is her problem. And her money....tattos ARE a huge waste of money,especially now in this economy.And it looks tacky. ugh....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• A boys name won't change usually, so I don't see the big deal. If it were a girl, that would be different because if she gets married she may change her name, but a boy, that won't happen with. So I don't see it as a big deal... I'm having a family tattoo done that has the Family Name (Last Name) with all of our first names around it... I don't see why not...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I dont get what the big deal is? I think its a little weird that you are so concerned with this!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010