How much should my 10 month old be eating in a day?? I know this is a dumb question but I am lost!! Im just worried i wont be able to break her off the bottle. Right now she eats about 6 eight oz. bottles a day and already eats table food when we eat.

taliasunshine

Asked by taliasunshine at 12:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my eight month old eats 2 6 oz bottles and twice a day we feed her baby food. We just rotate them. I would try to cut down on the bottles and try to just give her baby food instead.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• She is just fine, not a stupid question! I was unsure because my baby was eating a ton too. I asked her doc and he was fine with it as long as the table food was healthy. My little girl is 3 now and she has leveled out her eating habits and only eating regular 3 year old sized meals and she is not overweight or anything. A llot of doc's just dont want them to get into bad eating habits. I say if a baby is hungry feed them. I would not be happy if someone cut me off from a meal and told me how much I can and cant eat. They are growing:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I agree with the first post. Try to cut down on the formula and give babyfood, table food and snacks. At one year she wont have the bottle or formula. My Similac chart says a 10 month old should get 8-16oz a day and then 3 meals. Does she like a sippy cup? Try giving her formula in it. Maybe that will help with getting rid of the bottle. I wish my daughter ate that much formula. I can barely get 8oz in her and she is 11 months. But when she sees food she comes crawling toward it saying BITE BITE! LOL
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 1:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• right now my 11 month old has 7 oz. when he wakes up, then goes down for a nap and when he wakes up he has a bowl of cerel w/ some fruite, and then at 12 he has anothing 7 oz. bottle, and then he goes down for a nap and around 3ish he has lunch, depending on his mood maybe some hot dogs, or chicken nuggets, or bread with jelly. and then around 4-4:30 i give him a snack with some juice , and at about 6:30 he has dinner, usually what we eat and a little of his own food, and then he has anothing 7oz bottle at around 8-8:30 and goes to bed when he gets tired. hope this helps!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 2:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• heres a feeding chart that'll help, thats WAY too much formula each day
    http://www.earthsbest.com/baby_nutrition/feeding_schedule_print.php
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2008