Has anyone had a baby without knowing you were pregnant, or known someone that this has happened to?

This happened to me over the summer and I would really like to talk to someone who has experienced this, too. Please help!

lebanisa

Asked by lebanisa at 12:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had my period, I never once felt her move...I woke up one morning in pain, went to hospital and 2 hours later I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. No I never had even one clue. yes Im over weight. It is possible, I know...it happened to me.
    Anonymous

• A family friends daughter had this happened to her. They went on a camping trip all weekend and went hiking and after the first day the daughter started complaining about her back hurting. They took her to the hospital and a hour later she had a baby. Noone believed it. It's pretty crazy but it happens more than people realize.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Wow that's a new one for me.I have seen females that are much larger who were pregnant but you could never tell but I haven't heard of anyone not knowing.I didn't think that happened.I guess you learn something new everyday!
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Just curious, how did you not know? Couldn't you feel the baby move? Or stop having periods? Get a belly??
    Anonymous

• I had an obese lady working for me. I think your periods become less regular when you are too thin and too big. She was not feeling well, over the sumer she had taken 3 blood tests for pregnancy and her dr finally diagnosed her with congential heart failure. She went into labor she thought they were cramps, and ending up having a baby one day. So the heart thing was wrong.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My dad worked in the ER and he had a girl come in with her parents thinking she had gall stones, and it turned out she was in labor. I guess with bigger girls, they don't gain that much weight, and it's not visible. And some women have periods throughout. I would think that you would feel the baby move though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Yeah, I've read a newspaper account of this happening to a lady when I was in Australia. To be honest I thought she must have been high the whole time or something. I don't care what happens, you'd have to pretty out of tune with your body not to know!
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 12:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Wow, I'm a big woman and you can tell with me, that I'm pregnant. My periods regular (I could write a calendar on the darn thing). But I have heard of this.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 12:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I remember reading a story in the Chicken Soup for the Pregnant Soul book about a case like this. The woman was overweight and had been told she would never had kids. She also always had problems with her period so she didn't think anything of not having one. So when they went to the hospital because she had severe abdominal pains...they left very happy.
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i had a heavy set lady that i worked with who thought she was just sick and getting heavier (she never stepped on the scale) - she had friends who went to her house to set up a crib and baby room so when CPS went over she wouldnt loose the baby - (she was also on marajuana 1/2 the time) - she didnt loose the kid cause she said she went in for stomach flu and ended up delivering *and she 'lied' saying that she didnt think she would deliver cause she wasnt 'due' yet and she realy had no idea that she was pregnant*
    i felt bad for her and made a statement to CPS as a 'coworker' who knew *she didnt want to tell everyone*
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2008