cheap vacation in october

i would like to take a cheap vacation in october but i have no idea where to ..and ideas

amiyamom08

Asked by amiyamom08 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Travel

• are you camping, driving, hoteling? Yosemite opens ups finally, camp grounds in CA will have spots, cruises looking to book last mins people....Disneyland isn't affordable, but the Halloween decorations are the best~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 4:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Cheap can be all relative to some else budget. So you need to figure a budget and figure it out from there. Find a destination and look for a fight; figure out how much for a rental car; food budget; hotel and other associated cost for your entertainment. GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Where are you located? How many kids and ages?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Come to Chicago! The weather will be great, there are tons of free activities, you don't need a car.

Send me a message if you would like to chat.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There is the Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• camping can be cheap.. but in october it can be cold..

but then again, a state park can offer cabins with heating and offer beautiful views..
    unfortunetly the only one I know of in my state is letchworth and you have to book well in advance..

and I live in NY.. if you live in NY though pm me and I'll search around.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:54 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Depending on where you are located I would suggest a beach because the biggest attraction is free.
    cynthia613

Answer by cynthia613 at 3:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You could go by bus. They use to have a mulitpass that you could travel and stop anywhere for so many days. There is also the train. My husband saw the western states by train. It was beautiful! Depending upon where you live, the US Forestery has cabins to rent by the day, week, The pots & dishes are already there. All you have to bring is your own beding. You could also find a little town not far from you that you've never stayed in. If you are in the Northwest, the KOA in Warrenton has their own log cabins and big outdoor grills, plus indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi! Come to Montana. Everywhere is beautiful! Can u rent a Motorhome? You don't have to go far. If you bike, make a backpack and a roll up sleeping back and bike around the countryside. Its amazing what you miss driving in a car! See if you can split the cost and go with someone. Makes it more fun! Whatever u do, enjoy it all!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:45 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Depends on where you live, need more info to help out
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• St. Louis is economical.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010