I think I know its over with this guy....

long story we really havent been talking a long time just about a month and we did talk everyday the past week we have not one night i asked him what he was doing and why he hasnt' been talking to me he said he was really busy the next day i asked him what he was did last night and he goes just watched a movie and went to bed...so i have a feeling there is someone else but we have not talked at all in 2 days now i am back and forth on wanting to text just to put an end to wondering i want to text something like Whats up with you why arent you talking to me anymore...but then again i just don't know what to do this is the first guy i dated since i broke up with my ex of 9 years he really did me wrong with mental abuse and cheating on me and i really scared of just being alone again....should i text just to put my mind at ease?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't text him...You should always be number 1, remember that
    You don't want to look desperate either..
    And you should never chase a boy, always let them be the ones chasing
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• no girl just leave it alone!!! you dont need a man to validate yourself!!!!! make him chase you! if you keep going after him he knows you will be there when everything else fails!!! you can be a strong women all by yourself and when you least expect it that man that is worth it will chase after you and know that you are someone amazing!!!! i had horrible relationships and decided to be single for a year and not let any man into my life and be my boyfriend if they asked they had to earn it!!! my husband came into my life mid way through that year!!! he was so amazing to me and told me on our 2nd date that he knew i was the one for him and that he loves me and could not see living without me beside him got down on one knee and asked me to marry him..... i knew this was finally the one i wanted to be with and said yes- married 5 months later!!! been together for over a year now!!!!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 4:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree you should never ever chase a guy! You are beginning to look desperate. By you even posting this for advice you know in your heart you should let this go. Hes basically saying that he has no time for you. You deserve better than him.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There are some guys who are put off by over anxious women, and that may be what has happened to this guy. There are also some guys who would rather pursue than be pursued. and he could be one of those. Honestly, the best men are the ones who come looking for you, who contact you, and who pursue you. They are usually the ones most likely to be looking for a wife and not just for someone with whom they can fool around. If he is one of those guys, then you may have scared him off. If I were you, I would not contact him again, and if he contacted me, I would play it really cool. Being alone is not always a bad thing. It can give you some time to sort out what you did wrong the last time and figure out what corrections you need to make the next time. This current guy sounds like he may be a good one. Staying home and watching a movie and going to bed sounds like my kind of guy. Been married to one of those for 45 years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Also, if you text and dont hear back then what? Did he get the text? Did he delete it by accidient? Maybe I should send another text in case he didnt get the first text. Maybe I should just call instead cause maybe he thinks texting is dumb. On and on it goes. Its ok to be alone, its better to be alone then with the wrong person.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• This can be an opportunity to find a better guy for you. It doesn't have to be a lonely time.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• This is one reason I think women should have male friends all along. You can date one and be friends with others then if the dating guy leaves your other male friends might hook you up with an even better guy. Too many times women find a guy they like and disregard others. Go out and make friends with both males and females and let them know you are open to meeting new people. Even if it doesn't go anywhere dating-wise, you still make friends and don't get lonely.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Be careful
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Dont text him. Just go on with your life and focus on yourself. If he wants to talk to you he will text you
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree with not texting him. When it comes to this kind of thing I let the guys do the work. If you keep on trying to contact him it looks clingy and desperate.

It wouldn't hurt to spend some time being single. After being in a bad relationship it's good to "find yourself" again and grow stronger.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 6:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2010