it bothers me!

my girlfriends husband saw a picture of my stbx's girlfriend. he said she was pretty. that bothers me so much. i feel like he thinks she is better than me. he tried to cover up and say ,"but your just as pretty if not prettier" he is the only one who has said that she is pretty. why does it bother me so much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Maybe because you do not think that you are pretty. Insecure maybe...
    Do not take that the wrong way. I was insecure for years....years...
    It is a journey for some people to love themselves...a journey that can make your
    life so much more worth wild.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• 1) maybe you are jealous. 2) you put way too much importance on being the prettiest of everyone. There will always be someone prettier than you. Accept that and find things in yourself that are wonderful and incomparable to anyone. Life is not a contest.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Your girlfriend's husband said this, about the girlfriend of someone else?

Here's the real question: Why do you care about it? This is sort of like my husband telling you he thinks Nicole Kidman is pretty. It's a statement. Has NOTHING to do with you, right? Because MY husband isn't looking at dating YOU.

STBX = soon to be ex? So why care about his girlfriend? I think the real issue is perhaps a bit of jealousy?

Good cure for that: Remember all the horrible things about STBX. There's a reason he's STBX. And SHE gets to deal with it. Probably won't be pretty for too long, because she'll be tearing her hair out.

Worry about YOU, OK? Not about what other people think.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Jealous much?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008