depression?

i am having some issues with depression the last month or so, i hate it! i am unmotivated and dont feel like doing much of anything at all. i feel like my husband is putting things before me that he shouldnt be, although he hasnt changed i just feel i need more support from him right now. also having anxiety problems. went to a wedding last night and i ended up staying completely away. i played with the kids in the play area the whole time....what is wrong with me? and more importantly can my doctor give me anything to help while im pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep, talk to your doctor. I was on antidepressants before my pregnancy, and my doc switched me to different ones that were safer for the baby but I stayed on them the whole time. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you get this handled now, because if you already have problems with depression the chances of post-partum depression are worse. And trust me on this, it is really hard to care for a new born when your depression and anxiety are out of control. I was on meds and STILL had a very hard time the first 2 months or so.

If you want to message me privately, please do. I have had depression and anxiety for 15+ years and have a lot to offer as far as support and advice :) I had my son in Jan 2009 and though the first 2 months were rough, we got through it and now I am happier than I have ever been. Good luck and congrats!!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 4:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Take to your Dr about it. It is the best thing to do. Then you and your Dr can decided what is the best thing for you to do.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I would talk to your ob about it. He knows what you can take during pregnancy.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010