Help My daught touched OLD fiberglass with her bear legs! and now she is hurting

My daught touched OLD fiberglass with her bear legs! and now she is hurting..............i gave her benajrial it has not kicked in yet.

How do I ge the Fiberglass out of her legs?

What Eles can I do for her
Melany

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 4:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• she has pieces in her leg? take her to the er.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My son did this!!! We took him to the doc, and they used medical tape to get the fibers out. You could use duct tape too...take pieces of it and put them on the skin where the fiberglass is. Smooth it down VERY FIRMLY with your fingers to get the fibers to stick to the tape. Then slowly pull the tape up.

And then go and get rid of the fiberglass immediately, because you KNOW it's going to happen again. We had to repaint our front door because the fibers had started poking through the original paint and our toddler touched it. We felt awful but it was an easy fix. Good luck!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 4:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• That sucks. When I worked in a cafeteria we had fiberglass trays and they would get old and frayed and I was constantly getting fiberglass splinters in my hands. They hurt like hell and are nearly impossible to see. I don't remember how I used to get them out but I was an adult. If you can't see them you might want to take her to the doctor to see if they can get them out.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• wait...put tape on it and then push? won't that push the fiberglass further into her leg?
    A home remedy is NOT the answer for your childs health...take her to the ER
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 4:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My ;hubby works in construction, he get coverd in this stuff all the time. Me when I do the wash. Use COLD water to close pores and wash away. This alway works for me when I'm covered in it. Even my kids have run up to daddy and given him a hug before he could stop them. They get fiberglass on them and in the shower they go. They turn out fine, but remeber what it feels like. Hope she's well.
    everydaymom1220

Answer by everydaymom1220 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My DH has been doing some construction work lately and has been tearing the stuff out, so his hands, arms, face and other body parts are covered in it when he gets home... Believe it or not he started using my Apricot scrub (St Ives - for my face) and it takes care of it right away. It's meant to lightly exfoliate, but it also helps to pull out the fiberglass... Give her a warm bath, which will help to loosen the fibers, then use the scrub and that should do it... At least that's what my DH has been doing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ok I worked at a place where there was a lot of fiberglass around and we would get it stuck on us too, the guys told me to take a cool shower and dont scrub but kind of was lightly down. does that make sense? You want to work the fibers out of her skin so be very careful it itches and feels like slivers.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• not warm showers! Cool! you want the pores to close, then towell off lightly, it may take a few times
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Poor baby! I accidentally grabbed a fiber glass rod once and had the fibers all over my hand. It's very painful. I remember just washing it gently and letting them fall out. They didn't last more than part of a day I believe.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Oh my...her bear legs? LOL.That sounds icky. Bears aren't that cute. They are hairy.
    Bare legs.
    Anywway,I would use cold water---shower---and try not to rub the fibers into her skin. OR you could go to an ER.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010