Jenny Craig?

Ok, i started JC at the end of August, since then i've only lost about 7 pounds, which is not the results i was expecting. They made it seem like i would loose at least four pounds a week, if i stuck to it. And i have. It's kinda expensive, so i wonder if i could just do it on my own, rather than on JC. Has any other moms tried it? I know there are alot of women who have lost weight on it, but i'm just not sure it's for me. I've read the ingredients on everything i'm eating and it's just not healthy. It's got fat and carbs out the wazoo. Has any body tried it? Did it work?

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 12:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I tried it years ago and lost 35 pounds. It does work, but they cannot promise a 4 pound a week weight loss. 1-2 pounds a week is safe and will not be muscle loss. A better indicator of this program working is not just pounds lost. It is INCHES lost. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you may have only lost 7 POUNDS, but you could have actually lost fat and gained some muscle if you have been exercising. If I were you, I would give it two more months. I know it is expensive, but this is an investment on your future. If you are healthy now, you are less likely to have heart disease, diabetes, etc in the future. That said, keep in mind that you can always do Weight watchers or something. The advantage Jenny Craig has is that the food is already prepared except for the fruits, veggies, yogurt you have to eat.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I wouldnt follow something like that..its all about getting as much money out of you as possible with all their expensive products.

I struggled to lose the last of my pregnancy weight and used http://www.stripthatfatnow.com/StripThatFatReview.html

It is a diet program that is about sustainability. It has a diet generator too so you can make meal plans for 11 days and they are simple...you dont have to buy expensive brand name products either.

I think you can do it on your own without JC. I would also recommend eating fruit and as much as you desire before every meal.

Seriously though do it yourself..dont waste anymore money on that!

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008