Need some help.

I weighed 127 lbs when i first found out that i was pregnant, and when i gave birth to Ryan i weighed right around 155. Ryan is 7 months now and i still weigh about 155 lbs, no more or less. I have always struggled with my weight, and i hate to get sweaty during excercise, but i really want to get this weight off. I just need some tips on how to get my energy up and actually want to excercise. I've thought about taking a class, but with school and work im always exhausted. Any ideas?

ShanaW

Asked by ShanaW at 12:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• You could get a pedometer and track your steps. Getting more activity in by walking further in parking lots, or taking a walk around the block can really add up. Your metabolism is probably slowing down, so activity can help boost it back up.

I started having a Cinch shake for breakfast and that really helped me. It's got lots of protein, so I wasn't hungry, and it's the type of protein that builds muscle. Muscle is the best way to boost metabolism. Good luck!
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 12:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Agreeing with mnrock about parking farther away and walking more, take more steps in everyday activities. If you possibly can, join a class. It is good for the state of mind as well as the body.

Answer by Bmat at 2:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• A pedometer is a really good idea...you could set yourself a goal...and make it fun.

To help with energy I would eat more fruit..preferably before meals as opposed to after as fruit is very easily digestible and you will pretty much get instant energy from it.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2008