How do I spend small amounts of money on supplies for preparing for my baby? I'm only 18, so budget is tight.

I've recently become pregnant, so I'm trying to prepare, and I don't have a lot of work, so I need to find bargains and deals. help? :)

vickycalilovato

Asked by vickycalilovato at 4:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Shopping

• Hit up garage sales and thrift stores...There's a lot of really nice stuff out there that can be reused, and it's cheap...i was 19 when I had my son so money was tight for us as well.. If you have any family that's had children, ask them if they have saved any of there stuff
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Look at yardsales and on craigslist.org, go on www.freecycle.org and see if there is a city near you. EVERYTHING ON FREECYCLE IS FREE what state are you in?
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• craigslist and thrift stores.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• shop around, compare prices, clearance racks are your best friend, register for everything you need that way if people want to give you baby gifts you get what is needed. Skip things you don't really need like wipe warmers. Really the only essential things are a place for baby to sleep, diapers, wipes, carseat, a weeks' worth of sleepers, onsies, and outfits, recieving blankets, and a couple warmer blankets. Don't really worry about newborn size, they don't last but a few weeks most of the time. You can really save yourself some serious cash by breastfeeding, all you need for that is a couple nursing bras, a tube of lanolin, nursing pads, and a cover if you want it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm in Connecticut
    vickycalilovato

Comment by vickycalilovato (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Also, if you're not married, you should check into what your state has for assistance programs. Many states have health insurance and food stamps to help out with single parents.
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• freecycle!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• craigslist and garage sales almost always have tons of baby stuff
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• craigslist and ebay

craigslist has a free section and sometimes people give away all the babu clothes away for free

GOOD LUCK
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• *baby
    mommy_of_two388