18 year old mom needs help =/

im 18 years old and i have a 4 month old daughter. I just recently found out i was pregnant again..obviously not planned. i dont know what to do..im pretty upset and i know handleing 2 kids only a year apart at my age is going to be extremely hard and i dont know if i can handle it. no mean or negative comments please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hang in there, you can do it! I knew a couple girls at my daughter's daycare that had two kids close in age, and there was another girl who has a two and a half year old and twins! Just hang in there and fall back on your family. If you decide that you cannot support two children, you should consider adoption, there are plenty of families who need children but are unable to conceive. Good luck and God Bless.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• You can. I believe that god wouldn't give you anything that you can't handle. Things are just going to be harder but you just have to believe that you CAN do it!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Aww. Im sorry. I would be pretty devastated... But im sure you can do it. Being young and being a mom kinda gives you an advantage cuz you wont tire out as easily as an older mom. I know a lot of girls who have more than one kid at this age. Unfortunetly theyre usually bad moms because they dont care enough, but Im sure youll love your kids, and thatll make it easier for you. And if you struggle sometimes just ask friends or family to help or to babysit sometimes so you can relax.
    LilMonji

Answer by LilMonji at 12:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Im not trying to be mean or anything. But you are 18 you already have one child. If you didnt want to get pregnant again you should have used protection or kept your legs closed. I really hope you are not one of those girls that thought breastfeeding is enough protection.

I cant really give you an advice on what you should do. Because im 24 and only have one child. If you want to have your 2nd child then its going to be really tough i think and it seems like you know that too already.

I wish you good luck though and hope you will find a solution for you and your young family. And of course i really hope you have a partner that will support you.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• You can do it, sweetie. I know a lady in my ladies group who has a 13mo and a 1 1/2mo. She was pretty depressed when she found out, too, but she's really doing well now. You're right - it will be hard, but if you have the support of family and friends you will be able to get through it. Your children will be very close, and I think it will be worth all the effort.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 12:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Just pray a lot,now you going to have two kids is going to be hard but don't stress yourself so
    much,and don't let people stress you either,I had a friend that she had two girls and got pregnant again three kids with 18 years old I don't know how she handle it,but she is a good mom.
    and don't worry about negative comments ignore them those ppl just need attention cause if they don't like the question they have to write something rude,this ain't school or a place to judge so pay no mind.Good luck and congrats on the new baby.
    SJazmine06

Answer by SJazmine06 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i'm 18 n going to be 19 in oct. no being mean i dont think i could do it with two kids....But i'm sure you will be just fine..Is the father around still? It might be a lil hard being a single mommy!! Like i said i am sure you will be okay, just hang in there n go through with it..I know mom's that have been young n had two kids n yea it's a hand full but u will luv both of them with all your heart!! JUST HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELVE N HANG IN THERE!!!!
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• poor girl! Be Strong!!! Dont worry bout what others !! My grandmother had 3 by the time she was 19. Let me tell you she is one of the toughest ladies iknow!!! You can do it and it will be fine! think about how much fun your kids will have growing up together and being best buds!!!
    taliasunshine

Answer by taliasunshine at 1:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• hang in there you can do it. it will be hard yes...but you just have to be patient. find friends family members anyone that will help you with them when you first bring the baby home. good luck and keep your head up. you can do whatever you put your mind to do.
    jaydensmom1205

Answer by jaydensmom1205 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my youngest are 15 months apart (BTW I cried so much the first 7 months of my last pregnancy because I was having another one)

It's hard $ wise, with formula and diapers. Yes the kids argue and stuff. But really, it's not as hard as people think. You can do it! Best tip I can offer- get both kids on the same nap schedule! this will be a life saver!
    Anonymous