How come people don't know what RSVP means?

We are getting married this October. We sent out save the date cards six months prior. the invitations in August...and the RSVP date is Sept 12th. you would think people would have sent it back by now. i don't get it. Either you are or you aren't going!!!

so this is more of a vent than a question, but maybe i guess my question would be- why do people wait so long to send it in?~!

john2007

Asked by john2007 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• Lazy and inconsiderate - and "forgetting" is absolutely no excuse for bad manners.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i think its etiquette in general that people are woefully ignorant about :)
    congratulations on the wedding though!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There's a lot that people don't know that they should.
    And really? I'm sure a lot of them do know - but certainly in recent years many people have become extremely self focused and don't bother with common courtesy.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 4:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Basic etiquette ... and some people behave as if they were born in a barn. Sorry that's happening to you, seems to be epidemic anymore, such a shame.
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 5:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• sometimes people are just lazy.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 4:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• People are just lazy and can be inconsiderate. Since you are an obsessive planner, I would suggest that you don't assume that just because they didn't send it back that they aren't coming. Make sure you plan accordingly.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I always RSVP. I find it rude when people do not and you have invested money into a party or you are doing something that you need an actual head count.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• People lead busy lives, and most people don't want to say they are coming if there's a chance that they won't be able to. You will probably get a lot of reponses this next week, because by now, people will have a better idea of their chances of actually making it to your wedding. Try to think of it on the positive side: you don't want to waste a bunch of money preparing for people who aren't going to be there.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• They forget, are lazy, don't worry about it, finally remember, etc. I suppose there are some who really don't know until the last minute for some reason. I hope you recieve a lot this week! Best wishes!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• They don't speak French?
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 5:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010