For women who are breastfeeding and have not had thier 1st pp AF adult content

What does your cervical mucus patterns look like?

I had an IUD in and was breastfeeding. I always felt dry. I got my IUD out to TTC and for the past 4 days I have had wet, whitish mucus that is slightly stretchy and lots of it.

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• When I was breastfeeding prior to my first post partum period I had random patches of egg white mucus and creamy white mucus but mostly sticky or dry.

The last month it went back and forth between creamy/liquidy and patches of fertile looking (looks like raw egg whites). Then when I did ovulate it was LOTS of the egg white mucus followed by the sticky until my first post partum period which last 8 days.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When I was breastfeeding I was pretty much always dry, with some regular discharge. I didn't have the IUD in while breastfeeding. I did not have a period for one year after my son was born, and around his first birthday I conceived my second son. (no period to get pregnant and I was 100% BFing) After my second I did have an IUD and I bled everyday for two months, before I took it out. Now I have a regular period, and I have regular discharge, and for a few days in the middle of periods I get the mucus looking discharge, which is me ovulating. So I would assume it is also your ovulation. =) GL. thats the best time to have sex if your TTC!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I really think you are having fertile mucus and should be BABY DANCING just in case this IS NOT a "practice run" AKA an estrogen surge.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2010