Why do some people still think Pagans are evil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I personally found that Pagans aren't evil. I have so far found them to be courtious, and very nice. I think that it IS beause they are scared of them, but ya know what, I found out that they aren't scarry at all. They are humans just like anyone else!!! Some of them have wise advise about things that you may not know. Give them a chance to tell you hwo and what they are about. Many thanks to the ones who have taught me things that I really didn't know.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 7:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• because they are closed minded.

granted, "Pagan" is a wide range of religions, so I can't say for all Pagan religions, but most are very much "Harm None" personally, that sounds like a damn good belief to me!

there are evil people in every religion.
    Anonymous

• Well, they are not a mainstream religion, so I think people dont know that much about it or really care to know about it..so they think its evil... Its with every religion...whatever people dont know they will think its bad...people need to educate themselves on different things in the world. They just live in a bubble and think that is all to the world...
    Anonymous

• When people choose not to learn, they choose instead to pass judgement. It must be evil because I don't know what it is. It's a shame really that more people just don't take the time to learn.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 2:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Because when people don't know about something they tend to pass judgement instead of taking the time to learn about it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Mainly because that's what they hear from little up... They are told stories from their bible about how terrible pagans are and figure we are all evil... What they don't think about is the bible only talks about the bad ones... That's like me telling my kids that all christians are like Gacy and Daumer... Then there is the hollywood aspect... Every witch you see has a big green nose and is stiring a huge pot of trouble! Snow White, The Wizard of Oz, Hocus Pocus... All movies with EVIL witches... Rarely is there a witch in a "good" roll... People see this stuff from little up and then figure that's what real witches are doing... Which just isn't true. I'm not going to say there has never been a pagan that went bad... Of course there has! But it's not the norm!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Also I think people are afraid of things they don't understand. They think of pagans doing spells and charms and potions and think evil... It's just that they don't have all the knowledge!

• I think that they have read so many bad things about Pagans and it scares them so they tend to think it is bad. I myself wouldn't want to be pagan, but that doesn't mean we don't need to learn about them. Maybe they know something we don't. Maybe if we listen, we might hear. I just know what I have heard on here, and what the Bible says about the pagans. But, you can always learn about them and know what they are about. I wouldn't judge them, because that in itself is wrong to do.
    Anonymous

• Because a lot of pagans are stereotyped as being the version of "witches" we see in movies and at Halloween. And, pagans are associated with sacrifices (sure, it was done in ancient times but Chrisitanity did it as well). Also, many people jsut don't get that there is not a black and white view of religion. There are various shades in between. But many people think that if you are not Christian then you are Satanic and that religion has evil connotations and stereotypes as well. But people don't realize that there is a wide variety of religions that have nothing to do with the Judeo-Christian God or their version of Satan.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 3:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Because Pagans in general are really SEXY. And everyone hates sexy people.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2008