Why are some Christians so judgemental?

Most Christians seem very close minded and judgemental. Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldn't catergorize that it's most Christians. That's not fair and completley untrue. But there are some that are judgmental. My guess is that they think they are perfect but inside they know they're not so they overcompensate by making everyone else feel bad for their mistakes.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• because they are right and everyone else in the world is wrong! :)

J/K I have no clue! I consider myself Christian, I believe Jesus died for my sins, but that's about as "Christian" as I am. I have backgrounds in Catholicism & Paganism too (several branches of Paganism) I consider myself open minded.

the only way to know who's right or wrong is when we die. If I'm wrong, then so be it, but NO ONE can prove to me that I'm wrong before I die.
    Anonymous

• You have to understand our faith. We believe we found truth and most followers of Christ are firm in their faith. For them, there is no other way of thinking or living. That is why we are usually considered close-minded. I believe a certain way and that way disagrees with a lot that's acceptable with most non-religious people. That said...judgmental attitudes are a sin, and it's something that isn't honoring to our God. God has given all men a free will to either accept Him or not. It's not a Christians job to "save" anyone, nor is it our job to judge others. You'll find most Christian offenders (the ones you are talking about) come from a very legalistic background. They are so caught up in the do's and don'ts of their religion they fail to find true freedom in Christ (a freedom from judgments included). It's NOT right and it most definitely isn't how all Christians are.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 1:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm Christian and I'm not judgemental at all. At least, I like to think that! HA! But, my family and I got into a fight when I was pregnant because I wanted to go with the family to see my uncle preach at his new church but I wasn't invited because I was pregnant out of wedlock. It really pissed me off! They said that they just didn't want to have to explain it to everyone.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I completely agree with what lifeofchaois said.

luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 1:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• LOL..good luck with this question...When I asked this question a month ago it got deleted!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with lifeofchaois.
    lovengrace

Answer by lovengrace at 1:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Being a christian doesn't make me feel like I'm perfect. It actually helped me to see how inperfect I am. I'm not out to force anyone for do what I feel is right or act the way I feel they should act.

Very well said lifeofchaois
    Shulizboo

Answer by Shulizboo at 1:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• They need to act how they are prescribed to act in the bible, and not they way most of them act. They are what I like to call part time Christians, they will be very religious and pious when they want to be , but then they have their moments of who gives a F...they will sleep around, judge people, gossip, cheat, lie etc etc etc...There is no one that is perfect, but they need to stop acting like they are...because God knows your not either!!!
    Anonymous

• Kuddos to lifeofchaois. People need to understand that in every religion, you have nut jobs who are over passionate about their faith, We all aren't like that. I am very open minded and love hearing about other religions...just don't try to convert me cuz I don't do that to others. I will talk about my faith if asked.
    MamaNic

Answer by MamaNic at 1:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008