why won't she sleep?

my daughter is tired and needs a nap...but she won't sleep! She is 3 mos old and teething...I gave her tylenol because she is cranky...but her diaper is fine, she has been burped and I know she isn't hungry.

mummacat124

Asked by mummacat124 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• but mommy! the world is so new! :D she doesn't want to miss anything. ;o)
    Anonymous

• My son is the same way. He is now 5 months old and he's one of those babies that doesn't fall asleep easily. He loves to look around and tries so hard to keep himself up even though he's tired. I rock him, nurse him and just sit with him until he finally dozes off and I can put him down. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. All I can say is try and help her to sleep by being relaxed with her and trying not to rush her into closing her eyes.
    FACMom

Answer by FACMom at 1:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• In my experience, the more tired my kids are, the harder it is for them to go to sleep. At 3 months old, I didn't let them stay up any longer than 1.5 hours at a time during the day (maybe a bit longer in the evening) and they still slept 10 hours at night. Hope she's sleeping now!
    MamaJAG

Answer by MamaJAG at 2:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My son never napped hardly at all until about 4 months. I took him for a stroller walk every morning, just to get a nap in. It will get better - promise!
    leahjoy

Answer by leahjoy at 2:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• She may just need to be held a little more. Try rocking her to sleep and wait for her to get to the deeper stage of sleep 10 minutes or so before putting her down. Try lying down with her for a nap.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Try the Magic sleepsuit. See www.magicsleepsuit.com.
    Anonymous

• I agree with maggiemom2000 . . . my daughter is 3 months and not only does she fight sleep right before bedtime, but she fussy and I mean FUSSY. So I try to put her in her crib, sometimes she will fuss for a few minutes and then sleep and others she just keeps crying . . so after about 10 minutes, I will go back in and get her and rock her to sleep. Sometimes it can take up to 30 minutes. It's usually only at night though.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2008