loosing hope... completely stressed out!!

ive been ttc for 6 months now... my periods are regular, i dont have any medical problems, im 26... every thing seems to be fine...im taking vitamins & folic pills, i predict my ovulation days using fertility charts and ovulation strips, i do it every other day during ovulation days, and wait for 20 mins or so b4 cleaning up... i think i am doing everything that i possible can, but still cannot concieve... what should i do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• just wait, it took me and my SO 2 years two have a baby!!!
    Anonymous

• Hun, I'm in your SAME boat. Except I've been trying for 10 months now. I have one healthy daughter, she was conceived by having sex ONCE. No joke. We only had sex ONCE that whole entire month. and BAM I'm preggo
    Good luck to you... I hope it happens soon.
    kaitlynsmom428

Answer by kaitlynsmom428 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• When u stop stressing about it it will happen...(I should take my own advice) We are ttc too! GOOD LUCK!
    raiderbaybe

Answer by raiderbaybe at 1:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I am very very fertile so I dont know what you are feeling..... but i have had friends that have tried for years and just when they thought it was hopless walla!!! I think you need to stop stessing about it because they say that stress is a factor that sometimes can curb conseption. Just have sex with your husband often and if you are doing the missionary position then put a pillow under your butt and lay there for like 10 or 15 mins afterwards.... or they say that "doggie style" i hate that term but they say that is a good one aswell for consieving.... I know its hard but just stop stessing the baby factor and let it happen and it will when it is supposted to!! keep ur chin up
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• do not stress yourself. all this crap with taking vitamins, checking ovulation ect will drive you nuts. enjoy your life as much as you can, have sex when you feel like it and dont put so much pressure on yourself. because if you keep doing that it will take forever until you get pregnant.

My aunt and uncle tried for years and it didnt work because they just tried to hard and everyone else was putting pressure on them too.. e.g. "are you pregnant yet?" ect. :(

I hope you guys will have success soon. but dont stress yourself.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• relax! conception is a true miracle! did you know that the environment inside the vagina is an awful place for sperm! it's very acidic and kills a lot of them.

Try some pre-seed lubricant. do NOT use things like KY or astroglide, they block sperm from swimming so it will make it difficult to conceive.
    Anonymous

• I agree with all the stress comments. I know of many times when people stop stressing or - LOL - stop trying that they will suddenly get pregnant. I know it's hard, I'm very fertile, and when I had to try for a month I was already starting to stress, which is ridiculous, but that's how it seems to go. Personally I would stop keeping such strict tabs on everything, and just have fun on your journey. I wish you good luck!!
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 1:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I got off of birth control in Oct. n got prego. in march but my boyfriend n i tried n tried n then when i finally gave up a month later i was preg. Stressing yourselve out makes it hard for your body to conceive!! Trust me i tried all those things as well even the things that r just meths like laying there for 20 min.s n letting it stay in you lol it didnt work....I will admit i tryed some pretty dumb things lol but if your meant to have a baby it will happen!! just relax n dont try!!
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I HATE it when fertile people tell you to relax or stop trying so hard. To all you well-meaning fertile people out there- 'YOU'RE NOT HELPING!" I know you mean well, but the last thing I want to hear is relax and it will happen. I started off relaxed and just kinda seeing what happens. I didn't get pregnant that way. DO NOT stop charting your ovulation. There is only one way to conceive and that is sex when you are ovualting. For us gals who are not "fertile Myrtles" that means we have to work a little harder to find out when that is. I do suggest relaxing, like taking walks, yoga, or whatever helps, but I would keep up with the "O" tracking.
    eagerforbaby

Answer by eagerforbaby at 1:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Have you had your husband checked? The problem may well be HIM. Get the doctor to do a couple of sperm counts. More than one, because you need to get an average.

My brother found that their problem was HIM.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008