Older Men?

Ok, so how do you all feel about dating an "older man?" Like 30 yrs older?? Honestly. I'm curious. Thanks for all the honest comments, in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Age is just a number. I know a lady who is married to a man 30 years older than her and they are the best couple I know. I think if a 20 year old was to date a 80 or 90 year old than she's a gold digger. That's my opinion........like Anna Nicole Smith did.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• For me that would be way too old. That's older than my father so nope. But my husband is 11 years older than me and before him I dated a guy that was 14 years older than me, and I was more mature than he was, so needless to say that didn't work out. Lol. But to each her own, ya know. If you like this man and are comfortable with him, than that's all that matters. You will be judged for this and if you can handle what those stinkin people will say, then go for it!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Personally I couldn't date anyone that's more than 10 years older than me. I think it would feel like I was dating my Dad. Just my opinion. However, I"ve never been in that position so you never know.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think it's better than the woman being 30 years older, though having said that, my Grandma is about 12 years older than my Grandpa, and I'm a year older than my husband. I know quite a lot of ladies who are married to men 10 to 20 years older than them, and in most cases, the woman is either very mature for her age, or the man is ... not immature, but just behaves much younger than his age.
    There's nothing really wrong with it, but I don't like when girls just become trophies for old men.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 1:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I's be hesitant because he's likely to die like 35 years before you. I wouldn't want to be a widow so young
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I did try it once when I was 24. My college professor took a liking to me. He was 55 at the time. At first I thought he was way old. But we were friendly throughout the semester and his charm and kindness grew on me. I could see through his age to be this warm, attractive man. However, we did get together by the end of the semester and 2 things came to light. One - he was unable to "perform" and two - I found out his 30 year old woman friend was his live-in girlfriend!!! I walked away quickly from that without feeling bad at all. I never really imagined myself being in a relationship with him. It was more curiosity. But it did make me fear that men over 50 would not be able to perform sexually. Well, now I'm 52 and my boyfriend is nearing 54 and he has proven me wrong in that area big time!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i'm thinking gold digger and dirty old man. i like having something in common with men and older ones say names of famous people and i'm like who? that was with someone that was only 16 yrs older. plus i wanted more kids. he laughed about it but i didn't think it was funny.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm 24 and my bf is 35. I don't think there is a problem with it, as long as it is an appropriate and ligitimate relationship. I love him to death and we have so much in common considering the age difference.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 1:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think if you're happy then it's nobody else's business what the age difference is.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• just a number
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2008