Nursing vs. bottle feeding

My second son is due next month. I breastfed my first son for over a year and a half and that worked really good for me. When I got pregant this time I already had plans on breastfeeding this one as well. The issue is that this pregnancy has been really hard on my body and I've had a lot of issues throughout. I'm starting to think that my body isn't going to be able to handle breastfeeding this time around.... I don't know what to do.

CarlyCo

Asked by CarlyCo at 5:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• Give it a try and see how it goes. Having done it once you already are super prepared. You can always go to the bottle later if it doesn't work out. It's much harder to do vice versa. Best wishes!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Give your body a chance, it might surprise you. You can bottle feed, but I would at least try to nurse, especially since you lasted so long with your first.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Try it, you have to give yourself and your baby that much and then only you will know if it is right for you to continue. GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm not sure if the two are really connected. Can't hurt to try :).
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My advice would be to try it and see what happens. Even if you're successful for a few weeks, it's good for baby. Since you already had a baby, stress may not permit you to breastfeed...therefore, don't worry about it and bottlefeed. Did that with my son and he's a big guy now!
    patty1301

Answer by patty1301 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree that you should give it a chance and see what happens.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Give the nursing a shot. You've got nothing to lose, and your body may surprise you. It's a lot easier to go from nursing to bottle feeding than the other way.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• you wont know until you try. :] good luck though, i bet youll do great
    loves_her_baby

Answer by loves_her_baby at 5:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• agree. try it first. im sure it will be fine.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The main reason that I'm really worried about it at this point is because I'm anemic. I know that it takes alot of your vitamins and nutrients to produce breastmilk. I'm scared that I'll be so completely unhealthy with no vitamins in my body left for me.
    CarlyCo

Comment by CarlyCo (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010