at my wits end....

So for the last few weeks about every other day when we would go in to get our 14 month old son up we would find him naked from the waist down...usually since its been so hot he would go to bed in a t shirt and diaper. First we thought maybe the diaper was getting to small so we bought him a bigger diaper...same thing....so we thought maybe it was the brand(even though we have had no trouble with luvs for the two years we have been using them) so then we tried putting shorts on him at night so that he couldnt take it off...it worked for a few days but this morning he had managed to take off his pants and diaper...I just dont know what to do anymore...ive thought about switching to like the easy ups or some type of pull ups at night so he cant take them off but if he can get pants off whats to say he cant get a pull up off?? any ideas would be greatly appreciated

mylady13135

Asked by mylady13135 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Some moms put the diaper on backwards, some have used tape to make it harder to remove the diaper.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have two suggestions. 1. maybe put the diaper on backwards
    2. put tape like duct,masking or electric tape around the waist of the diaper over the tabs with the end of the tape behind him so he can't reach it.
    Maybe one will work
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 5:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My son used to do that everynight. And I even tried to pull ups and it still happened. So I was convinced that I would figure out why was he pulling his diaper off at night. I was standing on the side of the door way so he could not see me and thats when I found out why the diaper was always off. My son had began to discover his private part and used bedtime to explore it. I took him to the dr and she said it was completely normal. From then on I have been letting him sleep in a onesie with the feet in it so he could not get it off and in the summer months I cut the legs of the onesie off so they look kinda like shorts.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• unless hes a poop flinger i wouldnt worry about it personnaly.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• try onesies, it will take him a while to figure out the snaps
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If he can take all his clothes off like that, its the perfect opportunity for potty training time! If its just not convenient then like they said use a onesie with snaps at the crotch, its really hard to get unsnapped even for adults. My mom always puts my son's diapers on backwards cause they have brand new carpet. But I let him take them off if he wants so he can go potty.
    FateoftheGodz

Answer by FateoftheGodz at 4:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2010