• In the Spotlight:

What would you do?

I found out that my child (who is over 18) is selling pot. I asked him to make a decision. Stop and stay home, or leave and please stop. I cannot allow that behavior in my home with two other children. He chose to leave. Was there a better way for me to handle this? WWYD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• You did the right thing. He will be back when he realizes how tough it is out there in the big world.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• What else could you have done ? I mean he is an adult and doing something illegal. He made the choice to leave, he could have stayed if he stopped dealing buy chose not to. I see nothing wrong in what you asked of him. I would have done the same thing.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm so sorry Momma I would of done the same thing. I feel for you and if it continued I might even turn them in. I think you made the right choice
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I would have done the same. You totally did the right thing.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You did the right thing. I hope he comes to his senses.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think you did the right thing. He is an adult now and needs to be treated like one. He will just have to suffer the consequences.  I hope you are going to tell him when he gets put in jail for selling drugs , you will not get him out? 

Answer by louise2 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If he is selling pot,report him to the police. At least then u know he will have a warm place to sleep1!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm with everyone else. I would have done the exact same thing. I know it hurts, but you did do the right thing.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You did the right thing for sure. I'm with these guys. It's a hard lesson, and he may not learn it right away. You did the best thing you can. There is nothing you can do force him to change anything, other than having him arrested, and even then, that doesn't mean he'll stop. I'm with Louise, too, that if he does get arrested, DO NOT bail him out, and let him know now that this is the case.
    Stand your ground, mama! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It may feel wrong but it was for the best. It is obvoiusly against your morals and you didn't say leave forever or anything you just can't tol that behavior.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010