MEPS????

So my husband leaves for MEPS and his ASFAB tomorrow, how long is MEPS? If anyone remembers, that questioneer for sercurity clearance, can they not allow him to join based on bad credit? We had a construction company in FL when the housing market went down and lost everything, now we have to file bankruptcy. does anyone know how this will effect us???

monicaweber

Asked by monicaweber at 1:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• About 2 days...One day for test and one day for the Physical...

I know people who have had HORRIBLE credit in the service and allowed to join..He's got you to pay the bills and it's the young ones that they really worry about:)

Good Luck Momma

Masonyastesmom

Answer by Masonyastesmom at 1:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• He should discuss the Bankruptcy with the recruiter though...He can lead him in the right direction...
    Masonyastesmom

Answer by Masonyastesmom at 1:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I went to MEPS and did all of that. We (the recruiter and I) went down the afternoon before, there was orientation and whatnot, and then we had to get up at 4am (ugg!) the next morning and I was there ALL FREAKING DAY until 6pm that night. It was the longest day of my life, just like my recruiter promised it would be. We drove back home that night when I was all done (I live about 4 hours away).

As far as the credit, it will not affect him, unless he has things in collections that need to be payed. They will make him pay those first (current bills don't count) before letting him swear in, as well as any tickets that he has unpaid (I had about 3 speeding tickets I had to pay off first).

But concerning the bankruptcy, since I did not have to do that, i am not sure what to tell you. I agree with the above poster, he should ask his recruiter.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• MEPS is two days. Well 1 and a half. Bad Credit can sometimes affect getting in, but i'm not sure how extreme it needs to be. I know of some people that were kicked out because they had bad credit and had creditors calling the base and stuff. Just make sure that everything is under control and he can discuss it with the peeps at the MEPS.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 1:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I left in the afternoon, stayed at the hotel, got up bright and early in the morning and it lasted all that day. So, a day and a half.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• MEPS is normally an all day thing. He'll mostly likely stay over night depending on where it is. As far as bad credit, it's usually not an issue. The mil even had programs where you can get your interest rates lowered.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 2:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• if he is just now doing his asvab and meps, its not long at all. he'll be home before the day is done. the night before he leaves for basic, he'll go thru meps again but it will be longer.
    as for credit..dont worry. they talk ashit but it doesnt matter. i got a high security clearance with my army job and i had bad credit and it didnt matter.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008