Hamburger

Ok so I took hamburger out for dinner tonight and dont know what to do with it. I wanted something a little different then Spag., meatloaf and burgers. Any suggestions?

Julie0039

Asked by Julie0039 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• mhh.. when i got hamburger meat (ground pork)... i make little burgers and serve them with spinach and taters. my daughter loves it.. and me too :D YUMMY!!!!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I felt the same way last week. I came up with meatballs in barbeque sauce. I seasoned the meat and formed it into very small meatballs. I browned the meatballs and then added a bottle of barbeque sauce and let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for a little while. It turned out very good and my daughter loved it!
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 1:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Shepard's pie... chili... tacos...um... there are lots. I actually got a little mini cook book/recipe cards book from the grocery store that is all recipes for ground beef.

What style are you looking for? I could look in my box and find something :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Yesterday I did the same thing. Usually it would be anything that the ladies mentioned above (tacos, meatloaf, etc.) But last night was all about the Hamburger Helper!! Wooo!!!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Lol carolynBarnett, I made hamburger helper on Sat. lol.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I could give you a receipe for bean dip. It is AWESOME!!!!
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 2:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Sloppy joe? Chili? There's a bisquick impossible hamburger pie that sounds good but I don' t have the recipe.

Answer by Bmat at 2:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• There's a bisquick impossible hamburger pie that sounds good but I don' t have the recipe.

LOL... I have a box of Bisquick if you want the recipe.. lol.. just PM me..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 3:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• How about using the meat to make into large patties & then season them with your favorite seasonings & then put them in the skillet (add a little water & this will hold the flavor & keep them from shrienking) Once your burgers are cooked then add your brown gravy mix, slice up some onions to add to your dish.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 7:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Brown it with some onion. Add cream of mushroom soup, milk or water, some beef bouillion or base, and simmer for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, make a package of egg noodles. Drain the noodles and mix into the beef mixture. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 cup sour cream.

Or you could make sloppy joes, tacos, something along that line. Or make beef rice-a-roni except add the (browned) ground beef to it, then top with a little sour cream if you like.

Or brown it with onion & green pepper & celery. Add cream of mushroom and chicken gumbo soups, water, and rice. Simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.

Or add some breadcrumbs, dried onion, a couple drops of worcestershire sauce and an egg. Shape into patties, and brown, then add beef broth and simmer for 15 min. Thicken the sauce with a slurry of flour & water, salt & pepper to taste.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 8:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2008