Need some idea's for youth funndraiser?

Was wondering if anybody had some idea's for youth funndraiser for our church....Thanks

sunshine197466

Asked by sunshine197466 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Entertainment

• selling candy bars...selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts... yard sale... car wash...
    Anonymous

• Auction....ask local businesses for Donations (gift certificates, services, gift baskets, money)
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• maybe depending on the age of the children gather candle making materials at the local craft store and have the children make the candles, since its fall out get small mason jars hot chocolate milk mix mini marshmallows, dry milk layer them in the jars and attach a tag on how to mix it together
    if the leaves are changing colors in your area, take a hike in a local park charge everyone like $2 or something..those are just some ideas off the top of my head
    setgirl

Answer by setgirl at 3:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Bake sales work really well; and my daughter goes to a Christian school. They had an Ice Cream Social last year. We didn't attend, so I don't really know how it works... I think they bought bulk from Baskin Robbins, and sold it for $0.50 a scoop or something like that....
    Also, make seasonal kid crafts like foamie stickers and paint by number stuff, and sell those at a craft fair. Ask for donations!
    Our school has a silent auction every year; local businesses and people contribute donated items, and then we auction them off!
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• One thing that our teens did at our church to raise money for camp is "Rent A Teen". People can "rent" a teen or two for odd jobs, babysitting, yard work, housecleaning, dog walking,etc. for 2-3 hours for a set per hour fee. I think our teens worked for $7 an hour( but I might be wrong on the dollar amount) and they had it scheduled for certain days, so you could pick the teen up at church and then return them after they did whatever. It seems to be a good thing for everyone, the teens learn how to work for what they want, they don't just get it handed to them, and it's a good deal for the person who hires them.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Oh another thing I just thought of!! This is something new, a coffee/snack shop after Sunday evening services. They just did this about a month ago. The teens and their parents made desserts and sold individual portions after church in the fellowship hall. Things like $1 for a piece of pie, 25 cents for 2 cookies, 50 cents for a cup of coffee,or a cup of soda,It was nice because alot of people go out to a restaurant after church for dessert and coffee and this was a lot cheaper and it was for a good cause, and it was a fun time of fellowship as well. They plan to do it every few months. Even if you don't want to actually make anything, store bought goodies are fine as well.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• have u heard about the "you have been flocked" fundraiser. you pay 15.00 to flock someone. the fundraisers set up 15 pink flamingos on your yard for 24 hours. you get to include a message it; they deliver them in the middle of the night so when u wake up, you are really surprised. it really has "taken off" in this area. here is a link to read more: http://www.salemnews.com/punews/local_story_259224415.html and here is a pic
    http://www.wickedlocal.com/danvers/news/lifestyle/columnists/x2090105129/Circling-the-Square-Sept-11-2008
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 9:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Go to a craft store and get some pretty beads, some different shades of ribbon, and little cross pendants. Cut a 6 inch piece of the ribbon and tie off one end. Put a pretty design on it with the beads and tie off the other end with the cross. Now you have a bible book mark!!! My mom and I made a LOT of money doing that. We even had people order special ones!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008