Do you feel down in the dumps about your life?If so,why?

For me,I'm starting to look for work again,andI'm starting to feel like there's no jobs out there for me.It used to be easy for me to get a job,now everybody is applying for the same job.I'm feeling the crunch!--This is the reason why I feel down,what is yours?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 1:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Work is getting tighter, bills are getting higher, each day feels like a greater struggle than the one before it. No matter how hard you work, or how hard you try to do the right things and make the right choices in life, it seems there's no winning for some people and we are those people, sigh* my pity party, lol- I try to keep an optimistic face on though for my family, but today it isn't going so well....
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• We are broke and in debt and I don't know how we will ever be able to afford a house. And this economy isn't making it any easier.
    Anonymous

• I have other concerns that are making me feel down.My husband has been out of work,for 7 yrs.He'll find jobs and then can't keep them.This has caused tremendous stress on our marriage and parenting.My 6yr.old girl,stresses me out to the point of getting stress knotts in my stomach.She's a handful and all the discipline and her needs are depended on me,he hardly lifts a finger.I think marriage and raising a child is hard enough and then to throw in unemployment?I'm so stressed nowadays,not talking about these issues helps me more,so I don't get blisteribly mad!Though,I'm making progress.I'm starting to exercise everyday and this gives me strength and helps with stress.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• bills and other needs are really outwieghing the income...with christmas coming up it just seems like there is no end in sight...i know once my car is paid off it will get better that will be an extra $400 a month but then we will get a bigger place so it will be about the same...my kids seem to be spiralling out of control and they are only toddlers....i just feel like a failure anymore
    Anonymous

• I have made horrible mistakes in life and it hurt the people I love more than anything.
    Anonymous

• im down because of men lol what women isnt though?
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Does it really help to "get it off your chest" so to speak? No matter how much complaing I do I never feel better. I suffer from depression and my kids and hubby completely depend on me. I need to be in a hospital, seriously! I lay in bed every morning crying for a good hour because it's another day I must live through. My parenting sux and I feel bad that I'm emotionally not there for my kids esspecially my 3 yr old! I hate my hubby and hate myself even more for marrying him.
    Anonymous

• wow anon!! Maybe some counseling, or perhaps anti-depressants? Are you sure you aren't suffering from any undiagnosed chemical imbalances or psychological issues? I certainly have "those days" but if you are feeling this way consistently I hope that you find some way to ease the burden it sounds as if you are carrying.
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Anti-depressants never did much for me,except dry out my eyes and to stop me from crying.The drug that worked the best for me was Seroquel.It made me feel good,like worked with my serotonin.It's a huge responsibility these mothers have,raising children and trying to please their husbands.I know nobody really knows the struggles of being a mom,until it happens.Clinical depression is when you are sad,and you are having fun,there's no escape from it.I think we all get sad and down,for good reasons,it's our reaction to things we aren't happy about.I agree,if you can't get out of bed or you are crying alot,you should try a anti-depressant for the meantime,until things get better.Alot of mental health clinics can give free samples of drugs,if you are low-income.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Oh yes. I feel down in the dumps especially lately. My husband and I have been fighting. He has pulled the same old crap since we got married. I'm so burnt out on it and it's affecting my mood and patience. He makes no effort. The man lies, lies, lies...amongst other things that have caused turmoil in our marriage and affected me in such a negative way I am left feeling bitter and played sometimes. My confidense has ran out and I feel down. I just know one thing. If you dwell on it things seem alot worse. Think of the positive things. No matter how bad things get with DH and I sometimes I just let it get to my head way too much...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2008