If you don't ovulate regularly, can you get pregnant?

After seeing 4 OBGYNs and a Fertility Clinic Doctor, I have been told I just do not ovulate regularly. Not as in every other month, but as in may not for a year! Can I still get pregnant since I have been told that there are no medical reasons for this. I do not have cysts or any imbalances. I just do not ovulate.

wpured

Asked by wpured at 7:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Just like you I did not ovulate on a regular basis at all. For 15 years I had unprotected sex with my ex hubby, and then 2 long term bf's and never got pregnant once.

oddly enough I started the birth control pill for another medical reason and that caused me to ovulate. I have been pregnant twice this year now. The first ended up in miscarriage.

Right now I am so fertile that I got pregnant on the pill both times.

When I talked to my doctor about it, he told me that the birth control that I was using (Sprintec and using it for three months at a time to prevent periods) has caused a spike in pregnancies in his practice. LOL

I am NOT complaining. I wish you the best :)
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I had a lot of problems ovulating. It took me 21/2 yrs to get preg with 1st pregnncy. Some months I would ovulate and others I would not. I took clomid for a while and it did not help much. I finally gave up on trying to get pregnant for a while and that was when I finally got pregnant. o my answer for you is yes you can still get pregnant as long as their is not some other underlying problem. It will prob just take a lil longer for you and a lil more planning. Good luck!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• yes u still can... my sister is 29 years old... perfectly healthy and everything... she has only had 4 periods her entire life and has 2 great kids!
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• they have meds that make you ovulate. so i'd think so
    SpringvilleMomm

Answer by SpringvilleMomm at 12:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2008