Im trying hard to get my daughter to learn to go potty any tips?

My daughter knows how to pull her pull ups down and up she has gone to the potty 3-4 times when ive caught her in time,she will be 3 on in january any advice is welcomed,thanks.

crocker

Asked by crocker at 1:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just make a huge deal out of the whole potty experience, we clap and sing songs about it and tell her what a big girl she is and how proud we are of her. I also in the beginning set a timer and would ask her or take her to sit on the potty every 20-30 minutes until she could determine when she had to go for herself. It's a pain, but it worked, now she just goes when she has to go (though we still have to clap when she goes #2, ugh) lol (she'll be three the end of nov.)
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my daughter will also be 3 in january and the best advice i can give you is to just be patient.
    we went back and forth with potty training. she first became interested in the potty shortly after her first birthday and for awhile i had her going twice a day. then all of a sudden she acted as though she were afraid of the potty so i stopped and introduced it again after her second birthday.

she was very close to being completely trained when her new baby brother came along and then it was all diapers all the time.

one day, about a month ago, she woke up and ran to the potty and she's been using the potty ever since. it's amazing! i have talked to quite a few other moms who have experienced something similair and how one day it just clicks.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008