Something that saddens me about our next president

No matter who wins in November, we all can agree its going to be an uphill battle when they take office. Unfortunately our country is going to be left in such shambles from the last president I don't think all the things either candidate promises can be done in one term. And I wonder if it will be held against that president for not delivering all they promised. Though I think both Obama and Mccain will try I do not think they are miracle workers. Your thoughts?

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I totally agree with you! it's like we're screwed no matter who wins. Doesn't matter what the debates are about or anything. It's gonna be rough!!!

Both have good ideas for the future of our country but it's a matter of NEITHER is going to be able to accomplish it all in 4 years, I'm not even sure they could accomplish it in 8 years if they were to get reelected.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• That's exactly why I'm hoping McCain get elected. I don't think our courtry is in a position to grow goverment right now. I think Obama has a lot of good ideal's, but he's going to need a flourishing country and plenty of money to pull it off. The next president will have a huge battle in front of them. We need someone with a lot of experience to bring us through.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• agreed PP's
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I agree. No matter who wins, 4 years from now, he will be held to blame for the mess. We have very short memories and want a quick, short term answer.
    Look at your own question... the current financial mess has it's roots in Carter's administration and the flames were fanned during Clinton's years. Yes, Bush should have seen it coming and tried to stop it but what could he really do? He couldn't order the banks to stop giving out bad mortgages. If he had tried, the democrats would have blasted him for harming those with lower incomes and shaky credit.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Every politician running for office makes more promises than what they can actually accomplish. It is a big reason that politicians in general have such a bad reputation as liars. Unfortunately, they tell you everything they WANT to do, not everything they CAN do.
    looselylucid

Answer by looselylucid at 5:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• everything that has happened is just as much at the fault of congress and all the legislation as the president. you can't slap one hand with out the other. yes, the next prez is in trouble, but it is everyone's fault in DC not just one person.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• But who gets the blame not DC the president does
    JrSmOm2005

Answer by JrSmOm2005 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Well the power of the pen is mighter than the sword.....you know what I am saying?no matter what the next president has the power of making decisions that will affect this country.
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 1:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2008