Are you down in the dumps with your life?If so,why?

For me,I'm starting to look for work again,but because I've been a sahm for 6 yrs.,employers,won't use that as a previous job reference and so I'm not getting jobs because,I don't have any recent job references.My only hope is to volunteer somewhere and get references,but that's not a job.So,I'm down about this.--What's the reason,why your down?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 1:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• Don't be down, you have other options. Consider a home based business, and if you want to make money right away, you need to be in one that is in the 2 largest emerging industries...wellness and network marketing. With this economy, no one is spending their money on makeup, tupperware or candles...people these days are into their health and want to earn extra income and fast. The business I am in has been in biz for 3.5 years and has been featured in SUCCESS FROM HOME magazine 3 times in the ENTIRE issues...this is the first co. to rich its first billion dollars in just 3 years...first in the history of the US. it took microsoft 7 years. This is still a ground floor opportunity as less than 1% of the US has heard of it.. a great opportunity is one when not too many people know about it. I would love to share what i do from home around my kids schedules and make really GREAT money. I hope to hear from you soon.

BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• There's always a catch with home bussinesses.They cost money or they take money away from you?I will be pleasantly surprised if this is for real.--But for the rest of us,what makes you down?Are you in the dumps?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I am down because I sometimes forget how fortunate I am. This morning my husband's Jeep wouldn't start, our kitchen sink is clogged. We cannot afford to pay for repairs like this right now. But I realize that I'm lucky. My advice to you would be to possibly take a non credit course through your local community college. It will show you have the desire to succeed in the field you are pursuing and will give you some needed experience. They are usually relatively cheap and lots of colleges offer distance learning. Couple that with your volunteer work, and you should be able to get a job. If you like spending time on the computer, you could also check out www.chacha.com, I heard they are looking for guides. I"m fortunate because I found a work at home business I believe in. It's Ameriplan, and if you want more information just let me know.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I have been down the past couple days. I know it's the looming next couple months. November and December are pretty rough on us because three of my kids have their birthdays and then Christmas. And I look at our finances and I know we'll make it through, we always do, but it's always rough. I wish I could find my perfect job. I've been a SAHM for quite some time, too. I was working PT for a transcribing company but there hasn't been much work lately. Now I've been wondering what else I can do. Jobs just aren't very available right now so I don't think it has a whole lot to do with your "resume". And the jobs that are out there I DON'T WANT!! lol. Yes, I don't want to work at Taco Bell or McD's. I want something that makes me feel good about who I am and about helping someone else - AND allows me to still be MOM. So yeah, I'm down, too.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 2:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I stay stressed all the time about money. I have gotten myself into so much debt and i am having trouble getting out of it. that keeps me down a lot.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm, where to start? My11 month old twins were born 11 weeks early. We have huge medical bills and have to file for bankruptcy because of it. I had to go to part-time because the twins required so many doctors, specialists, and therapy. My husband had to cut his hours a little so that I could work the hours my boss was willing to negotiate on. It's double the pay I would get at any other part-time job so we had no choice but to go with it. My house is nearing forclosure. My boy was recently diagnosed with cerebral palsy. His therapy is now 3 days a week and it is painful for him. But we have to keep on doing it because if we do, he might be able to walk someday. They are turning 1 in a month and people keep asking what to get for them. It is painful to have to think of what he can't do.

sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• continued.....
    Maybe if you write a stellar cover letter, the employers will not focus so much on your time off from the work force. Play up all the things you are good at and how you've used that in the past 6 years away from the work force.
    sammygrl77

• My husband has been out of work,on and off,for 7 yrs.He'll get jobs and can't keep them.This has been a huge stressor in our marriage and has caused parenting conflicts.Our 6 yr.old girl is a handful and she is becoming worst and worst with each passing day.She's strong willed and independent,I'm looking forward to her leaving home.Personally,I can't handle looking for work with the stress on my plate,I think a home bussiness,would be easier than looking for work,so I will look into them.I just started walking 3 times a day, and it's helped me alot with dealing with my stress and sadness.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008