What is wrong with me?

sometimes i feel like am schizofrenic or something, when my hubby annoys me or when we urgue and fight about silly things, i get sooo angry and am ready to leave him. i dont tell him that am leaving, but at my rage moment.. am planning in my head how, when and where am gonna go.. am totally convinced thats its absolutly over and i hate him so much. i think back of all the times he has hurt me and that convinces me that am so done with him. a couple of hours laters, he comes and apologises, hugs and kisses me and all is forgotten!! all of a sudden i no longer hate him, we are loughing and everything that we were fighting about seems soo petty. what is wrong with me? why do i overreact this much? and am i realy overreacting? idk, i hate it that i always promise myself, that this is soo over, and then 2-3 hours later am back in his arms.

ashley387

Asked by ashley387 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• lol i was the same way i would have emotional changes in a snap of a finger i went to the doc turned out i was diabetic he say haveing that messes with ur emotions alot..talk to ur doc about it culd me something medical n have it taken care of before u do leave for a silly reason..
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think it's because we all know in our hearts that we love them and for the most part they are good guys (hopefully, unless you're in an abusive relationship which is a totally different thing) and that we are in it for better or worse. But when we're mad or our feelings are hurt, women are such emotional creatures, unlike men, that we take everything to heart and think the worst when it's really not as bad as our emotions are making us think. I do that sometimes, thinking that we're so mad at each other, it might be the end, when really, I'm the only one even halfway mad and a little while later (he knows to give me time to come around to my senses) he comes in and says that whatever we're fighting about is not worth fighting over and makes me feel better (maybe won't actually apologize because he might not've been the one to start it) but still is the first to make up.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 6:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• get checked your levels checked for the start of "meanopause" estrogen is a wonderful thing..makes you nesty instead of nasty...not to say your feelings are not authentic....a women in rage is real to the bone...but the shifting from level head to a 10 and then back down again is what you are talking about right?

is your eye sight changing? more hair on your face? age can have little to do with when estrogen starts to drop...now if you lost weight recently, the fat makes estrogen...skinny people just make less estrogen as they start to drop....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 6:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Nope, you aren't skitzophrenic. Maybe a little Dr. Jeckyl / Mr. Hyde. What is he doing that makes you so mad? If what he does is really petty and silly there may be other underlying problems as to why you get so angry.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 6:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Wish I knew I'm not diabetic or going through menopause I have had a hysterectomy but sometimes I feel the same way. Hope you figure it out
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Kinda sounds like bi polar. Sounds like me. Though I don't get over things nearly that easy.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I am the same way -- I am bipolar type 2 and very emotionally reactive. It's called being emotionally labile. It's not normal to overreact to the point that you are. As long as you don't have an underlying medical condition - perimenopause, or diabetes etc - then I really think you should talk to a therapist. Left untreated, it can worsen, not to mention - do you want to live your life on a rollercoaster?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Me too, sorry to tell you were all in the same boat. xoxox to you. I am not bipolar and I just have those same thoughts over and over again.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The face that you are able to get over it, indicates that you are okay. You are responding to the immediate and that is not crazy.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:31 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Honestly, I think it's the woman in you coming out. All of us try our best to be superwoman, but somehow manage to screw ourselves over, whether it's in our own minds or in real life. You'll be ok. If you're really worried about it, talk to your doctor.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 4:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010