Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to know where I could purchase a cover for a carseat...

Not the kind that goes over the baby like a tent but to replace the actual liner on the carseat. My husband and I are thinking about TTC and the only infant seat we have is pink plaid. It will be fine if we have another girl but I refuse to buy a new carrier if we have a boy when the one we have now is still very new. I have seen sewing patterns for them and I can sew but I really dont have the time. Thanks to any helpers out there in advance!

Answer Question

Asked by SaturnsMom at 6:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Shopping

Level 12 (920 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • You can order them from the manufacturer of the car seat. Call the number on the seat.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • the website or ebay.

    Answer by SunShineMoMM at 6:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • Burlington Coat Factory
    Babies R Us

    Answer by Maureen-MD at 6:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • Well actually if you replace the cover with one not made by the manufacturer then you void the warranty of the car seat and it is not recommended by car seat technicians. Some companies make replacement covers for their seats and you could likely find them online at the manufacturers website or email the manufacturer and ask. I personally would not use one from ebay or any where other then the manufacturer of the car seat itself.

    Answer by aeneva at 7:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • Well I am a fairly intelligent person and I don't believe that replacing a piece of fabric is going to pose a safety hazard to my child. I do appreciate your concern though and thank you Maureen babys-r-us have some very cute covers that I think will be great if I end up needing it!

    Comment by SaturnsMom (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.