how much would you pay for a hallween Costume?

paytonbabay06

Asked by paytonbabay06 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• we always go second hand, and have a pretty big selestion anyway so kids look through what we have first and usually find something but the oldest 2 usually always need one so we go to value village or goodwill. so never more than 15$
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• $20 tops. One of my favorite things as a kid were the homemade costumes my mom made for me. I was a bag lady, witch, sack of potatoes and lots of other cool things. All were made from things we had or things we could easily buy for little money.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I always think it's more fun to actually make a halloween costume. I wouldn't pay more than $25. Either for an actually outfit or supplies to make one.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 6:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• me and my sister are thinking of making some to sell and i was wondering what people thought about a price
    paytonbabay06

Comment by paytonbabay06 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Before I had kids, I usually spent between $300 and $500 on my costume every year... Now that I have kids I try to keep it below $50 for each of us... Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i would never spend above $30. every year we buy one and then doctor it up from home stuff! :-)
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• no more than 30 for a childs costume
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We first figure out what he wants to be and then start looking and pricing... the most was 30.00 for a full body shaggy dog costume when he was 18 months old, but that has changed this yr... next week we are ordering his BubbleBee (transformers) costume and it's costing 50.00 this yr.. (he's 9)
    Basically we don't put a price on his costumes...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I don't. I might spend $10.00 on each kid for items to make a costume but I don't buy costumes.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My oldest daughter's costume is coming from Chasing Fire-Flies it is about $100, the youngest is coming from another costume company and it is $29.99. The oldest is going to be a Watermelon Princess and the youngest Curious George.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2010