alright- WTF on the potty situation!- Please help!

My son is 3 (his bday is in July). he was fully potty trained before two. Even at night he was dry!
About 2 months ago he got a belly bug and we put a pull-up on him because he couldn't control his bowels.
Now he's going pee in his bed at night AND during the day. he's never had accidents during the day before up until now.
He starts pre-k this fall and i'm worried about it. what can i do? heeeeelp!

john2007

Asked by john2007 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do whatever you did the first time to potty train him again. Stickers, potty chart, candy... whatever worked before will probably work again.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• he just kind of did it on his own the first time. no stickers. no charts... and especially no candy. aaack. maybe we should try those things! he liked when i put the fruit loops in the potty for his aim, but now he's just going in his pants and THEN telling me he has to pee!
    john2007

Comment by john2007 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Make a big deal about what a big boy he is now, starting school, dressing himself, all that. Remind him that big boys use the potty so they can do what big boys do.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 7:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• you may want to take him to the Dr, make sure he doesn't have an infection or other health problem.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree with Ashlynnsmommy07. I would first rule out a health problem. I would also talk about it to the doctor about while I was there. I would let her/him know about my concerns. Good luck, I hope you get this figured out.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:32 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I wish you lots of luck. My daughter is doing the same thing and everyone (even the doctor) said it was a "phase" and she'd grow out of it....I was so happy to have one out of diapers *sigh*
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010