I want to start potty training my child now...should i use pull-ups?

MillyMami

Asked by MillyMami at 6:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ya..if its warm and you are at home..nothing works ..learning to stop your play to pee is the tricky part
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 6:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, you will get that "they are just as bad a diapers" etc... but if you are training the child to use the potty and not just letting them go in the pull up, then they are very useful. My daughters both used them and did great. :) My youngest recetly potty trained but still uses them at night for accidents that may occur. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 6:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't.
    Pull Up do not allow the kids to feel wet, so they don't have any incentive to use the potty if they don't feel like it. I used the training underpants, they are a bit thicker than regular underpants. I kept him pantless most of the time. He didn't like being wet and he finally got it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No. Pull-ups are just expensive diapers that separate at the sides and are a little more stretchy at that location. The only reason I ever used them is because my first child had grown out of regular diapers before being fully trained.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 6:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• "Yes, you will get that "they are just as bad a diapers" etc... but if you are training the child to use the potty and not just letting them go in the pull up, then they are very useful. "

If you are not "letting" them go in the pull-up then why not save money by using training pants or regular panties?

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 6:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• They are super expensive and the kid can't feel that he has wet himself. We bought think training pants and plastic covers. Worked like a charm.

Potty Scotty Training Pants Pictures, Images and Photos

Every time I put my child in pull ups he pees. He doesn't pee in cloth pants though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I don't. We are potty training with sitting her on the potty every 30-45 minutes. While she is on the potty she gets a cup of water. She has peed twice today on the potty and had one accident. We used a diaper during naptime but, she didn't pee in it. When she isn't on the potty she either has nothing on or panties.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Everyone said it, Pulls ups are diapers that you pull up instead of stick on. Why use'em? The only reason I use them is if we have to do something real fast and I can't let my boy be naked then I slip'em on, and hope he doesn't use'em. Then when we're done (like if the plumber visits real fast) we just pull'em back off and he runs around naked so he doesn't get trapped in a diaper. He can just go when he feels like it.
    FateoftheGodz

Answer by FateoftheGodz at 4:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2010