what kind of decrations do u buy for christmas?

paytonbabay06

Asked by paytonbabay06 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• lights!!!!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• hardly anything anymore..plastic is the key~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 6:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The non-breakable kind!! I have young boys...'nuff said!! LOL

I have a lovely collection of family heirlooms and special keepsake ornaments that I haven't used on our tree since my now 8 year old was 2 years old!! I thought the good ones would be safe up high, but once he learned to use a chair to climb up to reach the sparkly ones, I knew they had to go into storage until they were in college!!

I dunno, maybe in 2-3 years I'll be able to try again! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I like to do the pine needle garland with a shiny glittery garland twisted in and pin it up outside the house with red velvet bows. I'm not big on lights, but only because I can't stand being on ladders. And of course the customary christmas tree, though I think we'll go with the 3ft one on a desk this year since both my daughters are in the exploring stage haha.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 6:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I use to buy and collect a different ornament every year and create a old fashioned looking tree. Now that the kids are gone from home I bought a 71/2 ft pre-lit tree and decorate it all in gold and glass with gold ribbon.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 6:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Each year, we try and let everyone pick out a new ornament. We usually get something new to add to the village too. I usually get new garland and bows to create with, and new snow each year since we don't have a ton of storage space and that stuff is cheap to buy anyway. Oh and I love to get the cinnamon pinecones and Christmas season scented candles. That's about it, other than that, we just use what we already have. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Everything... I have blow ups, I have outdoor large Nativity set, I put up 2 or more trees, lights inside and out, I pick up new things in October and buy stuff when they go to 90% off at the stores around here and store them for the next yr so there is more to put up...
    I have glass, ceramic decorations that go up on trees and mantle... wreaths on most doors ...
    I love to decorate and buy more to add every yr. I have family that don't like to decorate and they hand down a lot of their decorations to me... :)
    Can't wait to get started in November...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I rarely buy any. I don't usually decorate for the holidays. By the time I remember, it's almost over... I would like to get a small tree this year, in which case I will buy white lights and MAYBE red and/or silver balls, but that's most likely it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I love blown glass ornaments and Christmas trees. I think the most trees I have put up were 6 in the house. All of them are artificial due to my allergies but there is always still the hunt for perfect trees that look real! I also love the snow and snowmen.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have a variety of ornaments. I LOVE ornaments and we always add a few every yr! We are slowing down on that though. We do some basic lights outisde nothing fancy! I just love my tree and can't wait to put it up!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010