My baby is constipated

My baby is two months old and has been eating formula for the past month. She has really bad constipation. I thought that changing from regular enfamil lipil with iron to enfamil gentlease would do it but she is still just pooping once a day. Is that normal? Will she eventually get regular? Is this something to be concerned about?

starwanderer

Asked by starwanderer at 1:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I asked the dr b/c i had the same problem he said babies don't poop everyday so just bc they go 2 days that doesn't make them constipated! not to worry...
    kaleigh111

Answer by kaleigh111 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• every baby is different, some go once a day, others go 3-4 times a day. changing formulas wont help... it messes up with their digestive system... unless she was on soy (soy binds babies) If she is straining, or has formed poop, i would call your dr. otherwise, i wouldnt worry about it, as long as she is going at least once a day...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Once a day is fine and normal with formula. If your baby is in pain from the constipation, then call the doctor.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My dughter had this problem and still does from time to time my dr. said to add any baby juice brand juice in the formula, like i use powder so three ounces water one ounce juice , or just add one ounce juice to pre-mixed formula. Dr. said to start with apple, white grape,or pear. hope this helps it did for me.
    lilbritches501

Answer by lilbritches501 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 14, 2008