To pull up or not to pull up

This is my first Pott training adventure with a girl... My son was fairly easy but hes a easy going child.. Im trying to debate if i should use pull ups or not To me its just like a diaper and underware would be easier and take less time to teach the lesson. But like i said i dont know if i should take a different approach with my 2yo daughter... any advice

proudmommy7410

Asked by proudmommy7410 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We went straight to underwear except at night we used pull ups, but I also cloth diapered so my kids already had the sense of wetness. Some preschools/daycare require the pull ups, but if you don't have that situation then I would go straight to underwear.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes a pull up is just like a diaper and cost way more. Just go to underwear during the day and a diaper at night.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We used pullups for school and while our son was getting the basic idea of potty training (i.e. so during the day we could try putting him on the potty when he seemed interested/willing). Once we got serious about training, we eliminated the pullups except at night or at times when an accident would be a problem (i.e. a long car ride).
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010