Do you ever feel like your relationship is not really what it appears to be?

Meaning, maybe you consider your relationship to be more than what it really is? I feel this way alot lately. Like my husband doesn't really want to be with me. I sometimes think that maybe he is laughing at me behind my back with his friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• That must be a horrible feeling.

If I were having those types of feelings. I would have to take an honest hard look into myself and try and figure out where those feelings are coming from. Is it unresolved issues in my marriage? Is it due to something that has happened in my marriage that would make me feel that way? Is is something that happened to me that it's stemming from? Is it due to how others have treated me in my life at some point and time? etc..etc.

Once I was able to pinpoint the cause behind the feelings. Then I would start either: dealing with the causes behind the feelings if they are directly related to myself, my marriage, my husband/our relationship. And enlist my husband's aid in this.. IF the feelings are stemming from something from my past then I would have to accept that, let it go, and start looking at my marriage/husband with fresh eyes.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Hmmm tricky. Sometimes I feel that way and the best thing you can do is talk to him about it and see how he feels and what his reaction is. If he really cares he will let you know and try his hardest to make a change.
    fashionmommy375

Answer by fashionmommy375 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• All the time, insecurity.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Not this time, but definitely in my first marriage. I knew he never really loved me, and was definitely never IN LOVE with me. We got married because I was pregnant and although I think he came to care about me (our 2nd and 3rd children were actually planned) the love that needed to be there never happened and it took me 4 years to make my decision, but I finally decided I couldn't live in a loveless marriage and left. I stayed with him for 18 years though. A long time to be with someone and never have the love that a relationship should have. This time though, it's definitely the real thing. I know we are both as crazy about each other as it gets and it's the best feeling in the world!!
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 7:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• That is an awful way to feel. I have felt that way before and it turned out I was wrong.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010